Five cheap and easy ways to give your home a monsoon makeover
Monsoon is a good time to add some colour to your home — opt for mint and teal hues to bring nature indoors.
Hindustan Times, Mumbai
Change furnishing colours to vibrant tints and hues such as lime, mint, teal, sea and Persian green. (Shutterstock)
Looking for some décor inspiration? Look no further. These five useful tips will help you bring some lushness (that you’re now surrounded with) indoors.
1) Change furnishing colours to vibrant tints and hues such as lime, mint, teal, sea and Persian green.
2) Use cotton and linen for bedroom textile as they are natural, skin-friendly, breathable and easy to dry in this weather. Cotton-infused trendy bedding, comforters and duvets must be replaced every week in order to maintain freshness.
3) Opt for floral printed cushion covers to bring nature to your home. Add a printed bucket to show off the umbrellas or stack them together.
4) The onset of monsoon also means an increase in use of napkins and towels; add colourful prints to your bathroom’s soft furnishing. For instance, give a colourful upgrade to hooks, napkin and soap holders.
5) Add a few vibrant doormats to keep your home clean and dry.
-Inputs by Sonam Gupta, design head, Tangerine, a home décor brand
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.