- See the vast expanse of the Zanskar valley
- See the majest Drang Drong glacier
- See the source of the river and numerous waterfalls on the way.
- Unparalalled vistas
- Start Date: 10th June 2018
- Self Driven Tour
- An Ex Chandigarh Plan (Chandigarh – Spiti – Manali – Chandigarh)
- Group Size: 5 to 15 l First Come First Serve
- Total Distance: 1000+ kms (Approx.)
- Maximum Altitude attained: 12,500 feet
- Terrain: Challenging, cold and stark. but safe.
- Thrill level: Extreme
• All our packages come with:
• All Nights’ accommodation on twin sharing basis in standard rooms & tents (Patnitop to Manali).
• Meals: (Breakfast & Dinner), but Dinner NOT in major towns (Patanitop/Srinagar/Padum/Leh/Manali ) where you may prefer to have food of your liking.
• Inner line permits to restricted/protected areas.
• Monument & Museum entrance fees
• Medical & Mechanical backup vehicle with O2 & AMS pack.
Our packages do not include:-
• JEEP booking cost/Rent/Fuel/Security Deposit.
• Extra luggage care vehicle cost shall be shared by group, as per requirement.
• Pay for lunch as per need.
• Any Kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals, starters.
• Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
• Any kind of drinks (Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, soft drinks).
• Extra guide fee, Camera & Video fee, Boat and rope trolley fee.
Leh Arrival and relax
Arrival at Leh airport, to be received by our representative and transferred to the Hotel. Check in to the hotel for a complete day of rest wherein welcome tea and coffee will be served by the Hotel. Post lunch visit Leh Market, Leh Palace and Shanti Stupas. O/N Leh.
Leh To Kargil (200 Kms)
After Breakfast leave for Kargil, enroute visit Rizong, Moon landscape, Lamayuru (Oldest Monastery in Ladakh) and Giant Maitreya at Mulbekh. Arrive at Kargil by evening.
Kargil to Rangdum, 130 Kms.
We drive for a Rangdum Through the beautiful, wild Suru valley – We’ll be leaving paved roads behind today, continuing on a dusty track at average speeds of around 20-40 kmph. Ascending to the herdsman’s village of Parkachik,and reached Rangdum
Rangdum to Padum, 90Km.
Start to Rangdom in morning Today, we’ll ascend the adventurous track further until we reach Penzi La pass (4,401 m) and visit the tiny Rangdum mountain monastery before descending along a huge glacier at the entrance to Zanskar Valley and reached Padum valley.
Explore Zanskar valley (Padum)
Today we visit surrounding the Padum the only small town in Zanskar. Only around 1,000 people live here in the summer. In the afternoon, we’ll visit the Karsha monastery, a medieval oasis of peace and an important center of the Buddhist faith. We’ll be spending the night in the best guest house in Zanskar, at an altitude of approx. 3,500
Padum (Zanskar Valley) to Parkachik, 170 km
Our return trip starts with a longer drive. We’ll be crossing Penzi La pass (4,401 m) and spending another night on a meadow near Parkachik Glacier.
Parkachik To Lamayuru, 190km
Descending through Suru Valley to Kargil, we’ll come across our first filling station in 550 km! Crossing the Fatu La pass, we’ll reach the Lamayuru monastery, setting up our there at an altitude of around 3,800 meters.
Lamayuru to Leh, 140km
We’ll have the opportunity to witness the morning meditation in the monastery – an unforgettable experience. Next, a steep descent to the Indus Valley. Our next track starts at the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar rivers. The 40 km along the wild Zanskar river to Chilling, a village of coppersmiths, is one of the most breathtaking motorcycle routes anywhere in the Himalayas! We’ll be reaching Leh – the end of our motorcycle tour – in the late afternoon.
Leh relax and explore
Leh- Khardungla Pass – Nubra Valley
50 kms on the road and 2,000 meters ascent to Khardung La pass, the highest motorable road in the world. After a brief stop in the thin mountain air for a photo, we’ll descend quickly into the arid Nubra Valley, which until recently was a restricted military zone due to the nearby Pakistani and Chinese borders. It’s now a new high point of our Ladakh tours, with breathtaking views, remote oasis villages and rugged river landscapes.
Explore Nubra Valley
We have a half-day drive through the broad valley to the hot springs of Panamik, followed by afternoon riding on camels through the sand dunes of Hunder. Dinner is once again in the peaceful garden of the guest house.
Hunder to Leh (160 kms)
The summit! It’s time for the world’s highest motorable road, the Khardung La Pass (18,380 ft!!). Later, we’ll return to our headquarters in Leh. The afternoon is free to relax or shop, or visit the Shanti Stupa at sunset. Dinner at the best Tibetan place.
Leh to Tso Morari lake 210 km
Post Breakfast we drive along with Indus river till Mahe bridge then Tsomoriri Lake . The Lake is located at 14,000 ft. near a small village of Korzok. On the way we cross Polokangla and Namchick La passes before we reach Korzok Village. Upon arrival we check in at our camp.
Tso Moriri to Tso Kar lake and Leh 200km ;-
Post breakfast we check out and drive to Tso-Kar Lake. Cross The biggest and highest Plateau on Earth on, a Stretch of 42 Kms then we reach at Skyangchu Thang (biggest and highest plateau on Earth on Stretch of 42 Kms), Tanglang La Pass (17,585 ft) and Indus Valley. Upon arrival in Leh, check in at Hotel.
Fly back Home
55,000 per Person
• Drink loads of water
• Carry a Raincoat
• Carry sunshades
• Hiking shoes